In March of last year, student protesters occupied Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan in opposition...
by Scott Greene | Dec 4, 2011
The Wall Street Journal’s China Realtime Report notes the lack of fireworks during Saturday’s televised presidential debate in Taiwan, the first of three ahead of the election in January 2012, as the three candidates...
by Xiao Qiang | May 12, 2005
From The Financial Times: Hu Jintao, China’s president, on Thursday laid out in the clearest terms yet one of Beijing’s key conditions for any resumption of talks with Taiwan a call that met with immediate rejection from Chen Shui-bian, Taiwan’s president. In a joint communiqu√© issued with visiting Taiwanese opposition leader, James Soong, Mr Hu […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods