In March of last year, student protesters occupied Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan in opposition...
by Scott Greene | Dec 4, 2011
The Wall Street Journal’s China Realtime Report notes the lack of fireworks during Saturday’s televised presidential debate in Taiwan, the first of three ahead of the election in January 2012, as the three candidates...
by Xiao Qiang | May 12, 2005
From The Financial Times: Hu Jintao, China’s president, on Thursday laid out in the clearest terms yet one of Beijing’s key conditions for any resumption of talks with Taiwan a call that met with immediate rejection from Chen Shui-bian, Taiwan’s president. In a joint communiqu√© issued with visiting Taiwanese opposition leader, James Soong, Mr Hu […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo