This year, not surprisingly, CDT’s most popular posts centered around the emergence and spread of the novel coronavirus, and related stories such as the death of whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang and censorship of relevant...
Dec 28, 2020
The year just past has been one unlike any other in recent memory, in China and around the globe. As the year began, residents of Wuhan were just learning about a new virus that had emerged in their city. By the end of January,...
Dec 24, 2020
Our colleagues at CDT Chinese have put together a list of the Top Ten Directives from the Ministry of Truth. We have translated the introductory text and the list of directives, many of which have previously been posted in...
CDT in the News
- Language Log, UPenn – Typos as a means for circumventing censorship
- ASPI’s Daily Cyber Digest (July 21) – Mention of CDT’s “CCP Seeks Control Over Xinjiang Narrative as Xi Visits the Region”
- Sinocism (July 25, 2022 newsletter) – Taiwan and Pelosi; Vaccinations; Real estate bailout; Xi Thought on Diplomacy
- Politico (China Watcher Newsletter) – Xi’s Online Nicknames Spark Censorship Spree
- Nature – New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?