On Twitter, Radio Free Asia Chinese has posted an ad shared by the 301 Hospital, a Beijing institution catering to PLA officers and top officials, for a project aimed at maintaining the health and and extending the longevity of...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 19, 2010
chinaSMACK has compiled and translated advertising posters and political slogans notable “for both their frankness and their humor”: From illegal petitions to promoting the One Child Policy, these slogans are often...
Susan Brownell: Was There a Master Plan to Use the Olympic Games to Promote a Positive Image of China to the World ?
by Jenny Leung | Feb 3, 2009
The China Beat has reprinted a version of a paper on the 2008 Beijing Olympics and China’s image, presented at a recent conference at the University of Southern California in January 2009. Below is an excerpt: There was a...
by Japhet Weeks | Dec 22, 2008
Sina Corp., which operates China’s most popular Internet portal, will acquire the country’s largest digital advertiser, Focus Media. From The Wall Street Journal: Under the new deal, Shanghai-based Focus Media...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods