On Wednesday, January 6, a mob incited by President Donald Trump attacked the United States Capitol, forcing Congress to temporarily abandon a joint session called to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college...
by victoriawu | Apr 13, 2011
Property speculation has long been a problem in Chinese housing markets. Now Chinese investors are also trending towards buying property overseas. From Reuters: Stifled by a clampdown on property speculation at home, cash-rich...
by Wu Nan | Mar 18, 2007
From Times of India: China is “racing ahead” of both the United States and India in producing graduates with advanced engineering and technology degrees and in its ability to perform basic research, according to a new study. The trend is part of a complex picture that challenges popular wisdom and sheds new light on how […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods