On Wednesday, January 6, a mob incited by President Donald Trump attacked the United States Capitol, forcing Congress to temporarily abandon a joint session called to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college...
by victoriawu | Apr 13, 2011
Property speculation has long been a problem in Chinese housing markets. Now Chinese investors are also trending towards buying property overseas. From Reuters: Stifled by a clampdown on property speculation at home, cash-rich...
by Wu Nan | Mar 18, 2007
From Times of India: China is “racing ahead” of both the United States and India in producing graduates with advanced engineering and technology degrees and in its ability to perform basic research, according to a new study. The trend is part of a complex picture that challenges popular wisdom and sheds new light on how […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers