From UK’s Daily Mail: Worldwide pro-Tibet protests have sparked an upsurge of wounded national pride in China – and now a flood of patriotic T-shirts as the country’s new capitalists seize the moment. Droves of...
Apr 21, 2008
A taxicab in Shandong reflects anti-French sentiment currently raging in China. Image via chinaren.com. (See full image below.) Apparently, this slogan is playing off on the alleged historical sign: “No Chinese Or Dogs...
Apr 19, 2008
Despite government efforts to rein in virulent nationalist sentiment, demonstrations against foreign media, French supermarkets, and others viewed as being “anti-China” took place across the globe today. In China,...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report