Beauty products company Dove is taking their “Real Beauty” campaign to China. The campaign aims “to challenge beauty stereotypes and invite women to join a discussion about beauty.” It has been rolled out in the USA, Canada,...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 23, 2010
The Washington Post looks at the dangers inherent in the rising trend of plastic surgery in China: About 3 million people in China had plastic surgery last year, according to an official estimate. China ranks third in the world...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 16, 2010
Bloomberg reports on urban China’s rising class of “metrosexuals”: Daily rituals like Zhang’s have prompted L’Oreal SA, the world’s biggest cosmetics company, Nivea maker Beiersdorf AG and Japan’s Shiseido Co....
by cschultz | Sep 19, 2008
Tania Branigan reports in The Guardian on the new Chinese version of Ugly Betty: But now “Ugly Wudi” faces a backlash, with newspapers and internet users complaining that the star of the show is too good-looking for...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”