Beauty products company Dove is taking their “Real Beauty” campaign to China. The campaign aims “to challenge beauty stereotypes and invite women to join a discussion about beauty.” It has been rolled out in the USA, Canada,...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 23, 2010
The Washington Post looks at the dangers inherent in the rising trend of plastic surgery in China: About 3 million people in China had plastic surgery last year, according to an official estimate. China ranks third in the world...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 16, 2010
Bloomberg reports on urban China’s rising class of “metrosexuals”: Daily rituals like Zhang’s have prompted L’Oreal SA, the world’s biggest cosmetics company, Nivea maker Beiersdorf AG and Japan’s Shiseido Co....
by cschultz | Sep 19, 2008
Tania Branigan reports in The Guardian on the new Chinese version of Ugly Betty: But now “Ugly Wudi” faces a backlash, with newspapers and internet users complaining that the star of the show is too good-looking for...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern