A recent high-level Party meeting in Beijing has called for the more equitable distribution of wealth in Chinese society, possibly portending significant changes to the country’s economic and social systems. According to most...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 9, 2018
Months after Xi Jinping’s campaign to consolidate power appeared to have reached its...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 17, 2014
As of January 17, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 24, 2013
The depth of President Xi Jinping’s commitment to reform has come under scrutiny since he took power in March. But in recent comments on an inspection tour of Hubei, he spoke about the need for far-reaching reforms in...
by Scott Greene | Aug 5, 2012
The Financial Times' Kathrin Hille checks in from Beidaihe, the seaside resort town where the Chinese Communist Party's elites have gathered to hash out the details of the country's upcoming leadership...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 31, 2012
With China’s top leadership gathering at the seaside resort of Beidaihe ahead of the 18th Party Congress, Christopher Johnson looks at the many complications behind the upcoming transition of power in the wake of the Bo...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern