Months after Xi Jinping’s campaign to consolidate power appeared to have reached its...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 17, 2014
As of January 17, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 24, 2013
The depth of President Xi Jinping’s commitment to reform has come under scrutiny since he took power in March. But in recent comments on an inspection tour of Hubei, he spoke about the need for far-reaching reforms in...
by Scott Greene | Aug 5, 2012
The Financial Times' Kathrin Hille checks in from Beidaihe, the seaside resort town where the Chinese Communist Party's elites have gathered to hash out the details of the country's upcoming leadership...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 31, 2012
With China’s top leadership gathering at the seaside resort of Beidaihe ahead of the 18th Party Congress, Christopher Johnson looks at the many complications behind the upcoming transition of power in the wake of the Bo...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo