Oliver Wainwright reports for the The Guardian that Beijing Design Week architects have carried...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 12, 2009
In the New York Times, Richard Bernstein takes a walk through the new Dashalan pedestrian district: But while most of the old residential areas of Beijing that have been demolished were transformed into zones of high-rise...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 12, 2008
Nathan Myhrvold, the former chief technology officer of Microsoft, continues his guest-blogging for the New York Times’ Freakonomics blog with a trip to Beijing: One thing that struck me about the Olympic architecture is...
by sjia | Oct 26, 2008
Taipei Times gives a review of Jasper Becker’s new book,The City of Heavenly Tranquility: Beijing in the History of China. You might think that City of Heavenly Tranquility, with its subtitle “Beijing in the History of...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 13, 2008
Beijing-based writer Josh Chin contributed the following review of Michael Meyer’s “The Last Days of Old Beijing: Life in the Vanishing Backstreets of a City Transformed,” to CDT: Western observers have been lamenting the...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’