The work of the Party’s Discipline Inspection Commission was highlighted last month by the...
Sep 15, 2011
For China Media Project, David Bandurski responds to the confusion in English-language media over recent changes at Beijing News by providing a useful primer on how media control works in China. Earlier this month, it was...
Sep 1, 2011
From Twitter: @jajia: From today on, remove the administrative and editorial oversight of the Beijing News from the Southern News Group, and transfer it to Guangming Daily Group. 今日起，取消南方报业集团对新京报的业务指导权，转交光明日报报业集团。 From...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy