As Xi Jinping arrives in South Africa for a summit meeting of the BRICS nations—Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa—Graham Allison suggests that grouping China together with the “RIBS” is misleading. From...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 22, 2011
China is joined by the other BRIC powers in vocal opposition to airstrikes on Libya, as The New York Times reports: China’s response to the allied campaign has been the most forceful, with warnings that the assault could bring...
by cschultz | Apr 5, 2009
The Dow Jones Newswires reports that China was successful at the recent G-20 conference in the UK: “There are some huge wins for China in this agreement,” Standard Chartered Bank economist Stephen Green said after...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 4, 2009
From the Wall Street Journal: China’s assertive stance in the run-up to the Group of 20 nations summit has paid off. In the two weeks before Thursday’s G20 meeting, Beijing called for developing nations to have a...
by Michael Zhao | Apr 7, 2006
From the USA Today (link): Emerging markets built big gains from BRIC this year ” Brazil, Russia, India and China. The average emerging markets fund gained 12.6% in the first three months of 2006. The BRIC countries have done even better, especially when translated into U.S. dollars. “We’re big believers in the BRIC story,” says […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms