In the wake of the controversy over Chinese government requests to censor academic journals,...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 5, 2017
After Cambridge University Press briefly agreed to Chinese authorities’ request to remove...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 21, 2017
Late last week, news came that Cambridge University Press had agreed to remove 315 articles from...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 11, 2014
Simon Montlake and Peter Foster at the Telegraph have uncovered evidence that a charity which...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”