Hong Kong national security police arrested Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun on Wednesday for alleged conspiracy to collude with foreign powers. Cardinal Zen is a 90-year-old former bishop and senior figure in Hong Kong’s democracy...
Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun
Sep 25, 2018
The Vatican signed a landmark agreement with China on Saturday on the process for appointing...
Jul 14, 2014
After Cardinal Joseph Zen described high turnout in Hong Kong’s unofficial democracy...
Jul 3, 2014
As Sino-Vatican relations thaw despite fears of a campaign against churches in Zhejiang, Hong Kong...
Dec 24, 2008
The Vatican has agreed to Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun’s request to step down from his post in 2009: [The Cardinal] said he would spend more time monitoring Catholic churches in mainland China, according to The Associated...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos