Xi Jinping has now been in charge of the Party and state for five years. While Xi’s presumed...
by Anne Henochowicz | Aug 18, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 5, 2014
With the 25th anniversary of the 1989 protest movement and subsequent crackdown, many observers...
by Wu Nan | Oct 23, 2007
“If they force us out of our homes, we’ll beat them up. Like peasant rebels in history, there’s nothing else we can do. With sticks and bars, we’ll lock them in the house and beat them to death. Then...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions