At least 63 are dead after intense flooding in Henan. Over 160,000 first responders have been sent to Henan to aid rescue and recovery efforts. Although the crisis is not yet over, the machinery of the state is already...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 8, 2016
Authorities in Shanghai have recently cracked down on rumors of tightening real estate...
by Scott Greene | Mar 19, 2012
As China’s online population of netizens continues to grow, NPR reports that Chinese cartoonists have used the web as a platform to take aim at the Communist Party as never before: Political cartoons have emerged over the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods