In a two-part story at South China Morning Post, Minnie Chan describes a Hong Kong...
by Olivia Rosenman | Jul 11, 2013
Al Jazeera’s Witness this week features a documentary about gambling addicts in Hong Kong. High/Low follows two Hong Kong locals who have lost money, pride, and the trust of loved ones around them. Michael, an older man, lost...
by Samuel Wade | May 30, 2011
Having been decommissioned in March due to defence cuts, Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal may become a floating casino off Hong Kong, according to The Sun: Defence chiefs are said to be considering the proposal of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 12, 2011
The recent detention of blackjack master Ai Weiwei has uncovered his secret life as an artist and activist. From BlackjackChamp.com: Vinnie, who prefers to be called ‘Snake Eyes’ is a troglodyte faced mountain of...
by Sophia Cao | Aug 29, 2007
From the Wall Street Journal: The Venetian resort and casino that opened here yesterday offers the same faux canals and Italian gondoliers that American visitors can find in the Las Vegas original. But the Chinese touches at the opening ceremony made it clear that this $2.4 billion Venetian was built for a very different audience. […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’