The 18th Communist Party Central Committee will hold its fifth plenary session in Beijing next...
CCP 5th generation
by Grace | Oct 16, 2015
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, who holds postgraduate degrees in law and economics from Peking...
by 不忘初心 | Oct 29, 2013
With the 3rd Plenum of the 18th CCP Congress less than month away, Yu Zhengsheng, the No.4 member...
by 不忘初心 | Jun 27, 2013
At a Politburo “group learning activity” on Tuesday, Xi Jinping emphasized the importance of adherence to socialism with Chinese characteristics, urging Party members to learn from history and serve the people....
by Sophie Beach | Feb 24, 2013
For The Age, John Garnaut reports that Party General Secretary Xi Jinping has consolidated the support of the offspring of the Communist revolutionaries, since he himself is a member of their group, unlike his predecessor, Hu...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 14, 2013
Since his ascent to the top of the Communist Party, Xi Jinping has pushed a public image of change and approachability, while announcing a crackdown on corruption at all levels of government. In the New York Times, Chris Buckley...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods