Beijing has long been known to tightly control the domestic media narrative, and also to limit...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 20, 2018
The Wall Street Journal reports that the United States Justice Department in recent weeks ordered...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 26, 2013
CCTV America, the Washington-based affiliate of state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV), began airing English-language programs in February of 2012. NPR reports on CCTV America’s timely entrance into the U.S....
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions