According to state media, more than 130,000 government “leading groups” across China...
by Grace | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 4, 2013
Zhao Xiyong, the Shenyang man who had been posing as a departmental head at the State Council Research Office on various “official” trips since 2010, was declared an impostor by provincial and central authorities and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2013
In the week since news emerged of the 100th Tibetan self-immolation within China’s borders since 2009, four more cases have been reported. Most recently, according to Dharamsala-based Phayul.com, a pair of teenaged former...
by Liu Yong | Sep 29, 2005
From Xinhua: The website of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, or the central government of the People’s Republic of China, www.gov.cn, will open on a trial basis on October 1, a spokesman for the Council’s General Office announced here Thursday. The website, with simplified and traditional Chinese versions first, will provide […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods