According to state media, more than 130,000 government “leading groups” across China...
by Cindy | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 4, 2013
Zhao Xiyong, the Shenyang man who had been posing as a departmental head at the State Council Research Office on various “official” trips since 2010, was declared an impostor by provincial and central authorities and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2013
In the week since news emerged of the 100th Tibetan self-immolation within China’s borders since 2009, four more cases have been reported. Most recently, according to Dharamsala-based Phayul.com, a pair of teenaged former...
by Liu Yong | Sep 29, 2005
From Xinhua: The website of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, or the central government of the People’s Republic of China, www.gov.cn, will open on a trial basis on October 1, a spokesman for the Council’s General Office announced here Thursday. The website, with simplified and traditional Chinese versions first, will provide […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms