According to state media, more than 130,000 government “leading groups” across China...
by Cindy | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 4, 2013
Zhao Xiyong, the Shenyang man who had been posing as a departmental head at the State Council Research Office on various “official” trips since 2010, was declared an impostor by provincial and central authorities and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2013
In the week since news emerged of the 100th Tibetan self-immolation within China’s borders since 2009, four more cases have been reported. Most recently, according to Dharamsala-based Phayul.com, a pair of teenaged former...
by Liu Yong | Sep 29, 2005
From Xinhua: The website of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, or the central government of the People’s Republic of China, www.gov.cn, will open on a trial basis on October 1, a spokesman for the Council’s General Office announced here Thursday. The website, with simplified and traditional Chinese versions first, will provide […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”