Tens of thousands of people protested in Hong Kong today over proposed changes to extradition...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 6, 2019
Chan Kin-man: Don’t Forget the Lamplighters: Paying Respects to the Initiators Chan Kin-man’s final lecture at Chinese University of Hong Kong Delivered on November 14, 2018 Original text in Chinese Having taught for more...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 4, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods