Tens of thousands of people protested in Hong Kong today over proposed changes to extradition...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 6, 2019
Chan Kin-man: Don’t Forget the Lamplighters: Paying Respects to the Initiators Chan Kin-man’s final lecture at Chinese University of Hong Kong Delivered on November 14, 2018 Original text in Chinese Having taught for more...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 4, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”