Human rights lawyer Chen Jiangang was barred from leaving China on Monday while attempting to...
by Josh Rudolph | May 5, 2017
According to reports, rights lawyer Chen Jiangang (陈建刚) was detained by state security agents this...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 29, 2017
Developments in the crackdown on rights lawyers that began with the “Black Friday” or “709” sweep...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jul 19, 2013
As of July 19, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). Police Detain Xu Zhiyong and His Lawyer: Xu, a civil rights activist and himself a lawyer, was taken to...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms