At The Anthill, New York Times researcher and stand-up comedian Mia Li describes an unexpected...
Jan 23, 2015
China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission announced on Wednesday that the...
Dec 19, 2014
In an interview with The New York Times’ Ian Johnson, anthropologist John Osburg, author of...
Sep 26, 2014
The China Report on the Development of the Silver Hair Industry revealed that Chinese businesses...
Feb 27, 2007
From the Washington Post: “Sun Jiting spends his days locked behind metal bars in this military-run installation, put there by his parents. The 17-year-old high school student is not allowed to communicate with friends back home, and his only companions are psychologists, nurses and other patients. Each morning at 6:30, he is jolted awake by […]
CDT in the News
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes
- China-Africa Project – Lockdown “Shout-Out” Videos Featuring Africans Raise Controversy
- DW – Coronavirus: Shanghai residents evade censors to expose life during lockdown
- CPJ – How China is stepping up harassment of foreign correspondents