The Asahi Shimbun reports that Chinese-born Kobe University academic Wang Ke, known for his...
chinese in japan
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 23, 2005
From AP, via Newsday.com: Duan Yuezhong has some advice for fellow Chinese citizens in Japan these days: Don’t speak Chinese in public, avoid reading Chinese newspapers on the subway and always get along with Japanese colleagues. Duan, one of some 460,000 Chinese living in Japan, has good reason to be jittery. Japanese nationalists have reacted […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”