Rights lawyers Tang Jingling and Liu Shihui are among the latest to be detained as the government...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 27, 2014
The New York Times’ Austin Ramzy will be forced to leave China this week when a one-month...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 16, 2013
Veteran China blog Danwei has announced its 2013 Model Workers—a valuable list of the best current...
by Scott Greene | Jan 3, 2013
China’s Foreign Ministry said today that it is still considering the visa application of New York Times reporter Chris Buckley, an Australian and longtime China correspondent who had to leave the Mainland on Monday when...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”