Rights lawyers Tang Jingling and Liu Shihui are among the latest to be detained as the government...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 27, 2014
The New York Times’ Austin Ramzy will be forced to leave China this week when a one-month...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 16, 2013
Veteran China blog Danwei has announced its 2013 Model Workers—a valuable list of the best current...
by Scott Greene | Jan 3, 2013
China’s Foreign Ministry said today that it is still considering the visa application of New York Times reporter Chris Buckley, an Australian and longtime China correspondent who had to leave the Mainland on Monday when...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods