China Investment Corp., the official sovereign wealth fund, is going to receive between $100-200 billion in new funds from the government. From the Financial Times: CIC, which has already fully allocated the $110bn it had...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 9, 2010
As CDT posted earlier, a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission from the China Investment Corp details $9.63 billion of equity holdings in U.S. listed companies and funds. Reuters reports on the numbers: Among...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 22, 2008
After days of speculation about a possible deal with China, Morgan Stanley decided today to sell a large stake to Japanese bank Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. The Wall Street Journal blog discusses why a deal with China...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 7, 2008
From China Venture News blog: This interview by CBS’s Lesley Stahl is the first deep insight into the workings of the the China Investment Corp (CIC). Stahl interviews CIC President Gao Xiqing. Gao talks frankly about the...
by Ian Sherr | Feb 8, 2008
In China’s latest move to flex its financial muscle, The Wall Street Journal is reporting that China’s state-owned investment fund, China Investment Corp., may invest upwards of $4 billion in a new fund being started...
by Liu Yong | Jan 18, 2008
From The Financial Times: When Lou Jiwei, the head of the China Investment Corporation , appears on a panel at Davos next week, he will attract a flurry of interest from financiers. CIC is less than a year old, but the actions of this vast investment fund – and numerous others in China – are […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms