At The New York Times, Ian Johnson provides an in-depth look at the creation of Jing-Jin-Ji, a new...
by radish | Nov 10, 2014
The ongoing APEC summit is the biggest showcase for the city of Beijing, even the whole of China,...
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 24, 2004
Ivan Turok is professor of urban economic development at the University of Glasgow. He has just returned from a study visit to Beijing, Shenyang, Dalian and Changchun at the invitation of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He wrote on Sunday Herald online: “Jack McConnell returned from his recent week-long visit to China with some memorable […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China