In tandem with nationwide anti-lockdown protests touched off by a deadly fire in Urumqi, Xinjiang, residents in some large housing complexes in Beijing and other cities have organized successfully to put an end to their...
May 6, 2016
Laura Zhou at South China Morning Post reports that authorities in Hunan have summoned riot police...
Dec 2, 2014
After thousands of teachers from Zhaodong, Heilongjiang Province went on strike last month to...
Nov 21, 2014
Despite a lack of organized unions in China, 8,000 teachers in Zhaodong, Heilongjiang organized a...
Jul 8, 2007
The number of massive protests has rapidly increased in recent years. One of often used strategies of protesters is ‘standing in traffic.” From Frog in a Well – The China History Group Blog: China also has traditions of protest and is developing new ones all the time. One example of this comes from Ching Kwan […]
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast