The future development of China’s emerging Social Credit System has been the subject of much...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 28, 2013
An official at China’s prestigious Renmin University was recently detained for his alleged...
by Wu Nan | Mar 13, 2007
From Reuters: China faces a huge challenge finding jobs for all its people, especially university graduates, a senior minister said on Tuesday, though he admitted some sectors of the economy faced staff shortages. Minister of Labor and Social Security Tian Chengping said there would be 24 million new urban job-seekers on the market this year, […]
by Michael Zhao | May 11, 2006
From the Washington Post (link): The Chinese government has decided to slow down an explosive increase in the number of college students in recent years, saying the growth has produced bulging campuses, overworked professors and graduates unable to find suitable jobs. Overpopulation at Chinese universities has emerged as the latest in a string of problems […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms