A number of reports from the ongoing political assemblies in Beijing describe an air of tension...
Jul 23, 2014
On Sunday, Xinhua reported the latest move in the Party’s current drive to fight corruption...
Jun 15, 2014
In a pair of posts at The Diplomat, Shannon Tiezzi examines signs of a drive to regulate the...
Oct 20, 2013
Rowan Callick predicts in The Wall Street Journal that Xi Jinping “is likely to face a...
May 20, 2013
In an article published in state media, Shandong University professor Zhang Xi’en has warned...
Jul 14, 2005
From The Globe and Mail: It could be the biggest mass-indoctrination campaign that China has experienced since the Cultural Revolution. Over the next year, more than 55 million Chinese people will be inculcated with Communist Party ideology in a series of Maoist-style “study sessions” and “self-criticisms.” It’s believed to be the most ambitious and far-reaching […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”