While Americans eat nearly twice as much meat individually as their Chinese counterparts every...
by Olivia Rosenman | Aug 4, 2013
Li Jing at The South China Morning Post reports on a United Nations Environment Program study on China’s resource consumption. The study finds that the speed and scale of resource consumption in the past 38 years in China has no...
by cschultz | Aug 2, 2010
From The Local: Audi is targeting sales of “more than 200,000 units in 2010” in China and “around 300,000 in 2012,” sales chief Peter Schwarzenbauer told a telephone news conference. Last year, Audi sold...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 8, 2006
From The Star: A third consumption boom is in full swing in China, as consumers there loosened their purse strings, spurred by Government measures to boost their disposable incomes. Shanghai folks went on a shopping spree during the three-day New Year break. In those three days, residents and visitors to Shanghai spent 1.6 billion yuan […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms