The AP reports that China’s National People’s Congress is likely to roll back the...
Jan 9, 2009
Chinese officials are telling people to be wary of circulating fake currency notes. From BBC: A People’s Bank of China statement said low-quality counterfeit detectors did not always manage to spot the fakes. But it said...
Sep 9, 2007
From Guangzhou Daily, Translated by CDT: Yesterday, Foshan bus companies publicly reported on increasing cases of counterfeit money and false bus passes used on buses. Since 2004, Foshan bus companies have seized over 2,000 false bus passes and received about RMB 1.92 million yuan ($250,000 dollars) in counterfeit money, which included RMB 1.88 million yuan […]
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction