About 20 minutes of audio in which a retired Central Party School professor sternly criticizes the state of the Party under Xi Jinping, and declares the current system beyond repair, circulated widely online earlier this month....
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 9, 2015
After candid cellphone footage showed star CCTV anchor Bi Fujian mocking Chairman Mao in a comic...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 7, 2013
Recent comments by incoming president Xi Jinping, in which he said the Party should tolerate “sharp criticism,” have drawn a lot of interest on Weibo and elsewhere. While the comments appear to show a kinder and...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 23, 2009
Roland Soong of ESWN translates a blog post by Guangzhou-based blogger and online novelist Yang Hengjun on the importance of having a critical eye towards the media and China: With the Internet, the Chinese people have a...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’