Following the collapse of a scaffolding platform that took the lives of 74 construction workers at...
Jul 8, 2016
Flooding across central and southern China has killed more than 100 people and submerged countless...
Nov 5, 2006
From The Far Eastern Economic Review: The United Nations Population and Demographics Office reports that the average height of adult Chinese women has reached 170 centimeters, up from 159 centimeters in just about 25 years. On average, adult Chinese women are about four centimeters taller than American women. According to an opinion poll conducted on […]
Nov 3, 2006
From Foreign Policy in Focus: China’s 8-10% annual growth rate has probably been the principal stimulus of growth in the world economy in the last decade. Chinese imports, for instance, helped to end Japan’s decade-long stagnation in 2003. To satisfy China’s thirst for capital and technology-intensive goods, Japanese exports shot up by a record 44%, […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos