Following the collapse of a scaffolding platform that took the lives of 74 construction workers at...
Jul 8, 2016
Flooding across central and southern China has killed more than 100 people and submerged countless...
Nov 5, 2006
From The Far Eastern Economic Review: The United Nations Population and Demographics Office reports that the average height of adult Chinese women has reached 170 centimeters, up from 159 centimeters in just about 25 years. On average, adult Chinese women are about four centimeters taller than American women. According to an opinion poll conducted on […]
Nov 3, 2006
From Foreign Policy in Focus: China’s 8-10% annual growth rate has probably been the principal stimulus of growth in the world economy in the last decade. Chinese imports, for instance, helped to end Japan’s decade-long stagnation in 2003. To satisfy China’s thirst for capital and technology-intensive goods, Japanese exports shot up by a record 44%, […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – Apple bows to Beijing, again; Turkey blocks social media after Istanbul blast; more Musk mayhem at Twitter
- RFA – ‘Malicious’ anti-lockdown comments on live stream prompt Xinjiang police probe
- Fortune – Chinese social media users have discovered a way to bash the country’s zero-COVID strategy online
- India Today – How Chinese citizens are fooling censors to criticise strict Covid curbs
- CNN – Chinese are criticizing zero-Covid — in language censors don’t seem to understand