Professor Jiang Ping of the China University of Political Science and Law warned on Sunday that growing state power threatens people’s rights and the country’s stability. From Caixin online: Though Jiang did not...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 21, 2011
As former dictator’s corpse lay gawked-at in a commercial meat refrigerator in Misrata, The Associated Press reported on Moammar Gadhafi’s seamless reassessment by the Chinese media: … [State] media outlets...
by Xiao Qiang | May 24, 2009
From the Wall Street Journal: In the wake of the 1989 crackdown on prodemocracy protesters in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, the Chinese Communist Party seemed morally bankrupt. Average Chinese complained bitterly about graft...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 23, 2007
From The Korea Times: China’s release of a white paper on the country’s political party system purports to show that it has a system of “multiparty cooperation and political consultation under the leadership of the Communist Party of China.” This, presumably, is meant in part at least to counter criticism that China is nothing but […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods