Professor Jiang Ping of the China University of Political Science and Law warned on Sunday that growing state power threatens people’s rights and the country’s stability. From Caixin online: Though Jiang did not...
Oct 21, 2011
As former dictator’s corpse lay gawked-at in a commercial meat refrigerator in Misrata, The Associated Press reported on Moammar Gadhafi’s seamless reassessment by the Chinese media: … [State] media outlets...
May 24, 2009
From the Wall Street Journal: In the wake of the 1989 crackdown on prodemocracy protesters in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, the Chinese Communist Party seemed morally bankrupt. Average Chinese complained bitterly about graft...
Nov 23, 2007
From The Korea Times: China’s release of a white paper on the country’s political party system purports to show that it has a system of “multiparty cooperation and political consultation under the leadership of the Communist Party of China.” This, presumably, is meant in part at least to counter criticism that China is nothing but […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China