A recent high-level Party meeting in Beijing has called for the more equitable distribution of wealth in Chinese society, possibly portending significant changes to the country’s economic and social systems. According to most...
by Joseph Brouwer | Oct 14, 2020
Xi Jinping’s speech on the 40th anniversary of the creation of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone—the first of China’s market reform policy SEZs—outlined his vision for an increasingly domestically-oriented economy, better able...
by Grace | Oct 16, 2015
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, who holds postgraduate degrees in law and economics from Peking...
by Grace | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods