The fifth plenum of China’s 19th Party Congress, a gathering of leaders on the Party’s Central Committee, ended today, October 29. The proceedings happened behind closed doors but early reports suggest that Xi Jinping will...
by Joseph Brouwer | Oct 14, 2020
Xi Jinping’s speech on the 40th anniversary of the creation of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone—the first of China’s market reform policy SEZs—outlined his vision for an increasingly domestically-oriented economy, better able...
by Cindy | Oct 16, 2015
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, who holds postgraduate degrees in law and economics from Peking...
by Cindy | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China