The Global Times reports on an exhibition co-sponsored by the State Archives Administration of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 25, 2010
The New York Times has an obituary of Huang Hua, a Chinese revolutionary and diplomat who is best known for his work helping American journalist Edgar Snow when he traveled to meet Mao Zedong and other then Communist rebels in...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 12, 2008
Charles W. Hayford writes in the Japan Focus: In a minor skirmish in the history wars, or what might be called “ashes diplomacy,” Chinese authorities finally allowed the ashes of America’s last ambassador to China before 1949,...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions