The Global Times reports on an exhibition co-sponsored by the State Archives Administration of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 25, 2010
The New York Times has an obituary of Huang Hua, a Chinese revolutionary and diplomat who is best known for his work helping American journalist Edgar Snow when he traveled to meet Mao Zedong and other then Communist rebels in...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 12, 2008
Charles W. Hayford writes in the Japan Focus: In a minor skirmish in the history wars, or what might be called “ashes diplomacy,” Chinese authorities finally allowed the ashes of America’s last ambassador to China before 1949,...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”