The AP reports that China’s National People’s Congress is likely to roll back the...
by Cindy | Sep 9, 2013
South China Morning Post reports that the five million yuan embezzlement charge against Bo Xilai,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2013
Fallen Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai was formally charged on Thursday, Xinhua reports: The indictment paper was delivered to the Jinan City Intermediate People’s Court on Thursday. Bo, as a civil servant, took the...
by Natalie Ornell | Jun 30, 2013
Xinhua reports that a top auditor in China found that 5.8 billion yuan (US$943 million) for low-income housing had been embezzled in the past year: The goal of the project construction was reached as governmentshave allocated...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”