Tea Leaf Nation’s Liz Carter and ChinaFile present a humorous infographic by Sohu Finance...
by Liu Yong | Jan 3, 2008
From The Financial Times: Sales of individual wealth management products in China shot up in the last quarter of 2007 as banks expanded their product offerings, the banking regulator said Wednesday. By the end of September there were 60 banking institutions in China offering individual wealth management services such as mutual funds, insurance products and […]
by Kate Zhao | Dec 3, 2007
From The Art of Live via Danwei.org: Dr. Phil, you’re fired….we’re calling an accountant. According to a recent interview in Southern Weekly, newly available financial planning tools are changing the way Chinese parents love their children. Chen Zhiwu”a finance professor at Yale”says the availability of retirement plans means parents no longer depend on their children […]
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 6, 2007
From The Wall Street Journal: China’s premier is trying to get his nation’s $2.6 trillion economy to change course. That requires him to maneuver very deftly. Wen Jiabao, delivering his annual report on the work of the government to the legislature yesterday, promised a significant boost in state spending on social services, as well as […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern