A week on from a series of explosions in the port area of Tianjin, the confirmed death toll stands...
by Michael Zhao | Jun 12, 2006
From Shanghai Daily: Many people applied to work in fire departments, but very few were willing to be firefighters, job placement officials said. During an online recruitment drive, the Shanghai Job Placement Center said it received more than 3,200 applicants for a total of 471 jobs as firefighters, cooks, drivers and office workers. Most of […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern