This weekend, the Chinese public mourned the passing of Yuan Longping, the Chinese agronomist whose scientific breakthroughs in rice development helped to usher in the Green Revolution that ended famine in large parts of the...
by John Chan | Jan 27, 2021
In China’s northern provinces, health authorities are contending with the most severe domestic spread of coronavirus since the initial outbreak more than one year ago. To the south, Hong Kong has been struggling to contain...
by Grace | Jan 15, 2015
DPA International reports that approximately half of all Chinese food plants inspected in 2014 has...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 25, 2014
As China faces the latest in a long line of food safety scandals, Nicola Twilley writes at The New...
by Samuel Wade | May 21, 2014
China Real Time’s Chuin-Wei Yap reports the Chinese agriculture ministry’s rebuttal of...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 30, 2013
China’s first public soil survey since 1996 shows that almost a quarter of the margin...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods