Reuter’s Megha Rajagopalan reports that China’s top legislative body is in the process of...
May 21, 2015
The Wall Street Journal’s Te-Ping Chen reports that a case over deforestation in Fujian is testing...
Jun 19, 2014
Following a pair of recent articles on China’s cautious accommodation of independent...
Apr 6, 2014
At the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) in Hainan on Sunday, Microsoft founder Bill Gates argued that...
May 20, 2011
Hundreds of millions of dollars in donation to China has been frozen by the Global Fund to Fight Tuburculosis, AIDS and Malaria, because of disputes over fund management. From the NYTimes: At stake are hundreds of millions of...
Aug 14, 2005
From the Sydney Morning Herald: Chinese security agencies are tightening their controls over foreign non-government organisations operating in the country, fearing they are a cover for efforts to overthrow communist rule. Over the past two years, Beijing has watched with growing anxiety the overthrow of authoritarian regimes led by Soviet-era strongmen in Georgia, Ukraine and […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy