Reuter’s Megha Rajagopalan reports that China’s top legislative body is in the process of...
May 21, 2015
The Wall Street Journal’s Te-Ping Chen reports that a case over deforestation in Fujian is testing...
Jun 19, 2014
Following a pair of recent articles on China’s cautious accommodation of independent...
Apr 6, 2014
At the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) in Hainan on Sunday, Microsoft founder Bill Gates argued that...
May 20, 2011
Hundreds of millions of dollars in donation to China has been frozen by the Global Fund to Fight Tuburculosis, AIDS and Malaria, because of disputes over fund management. From the NYTimes: At stake are hundreds of millions of...
Aug 14, 2005
From the Sydney Morning Herald: Chinese security agencies are tightening their controls over foreign non-government organisations operating in the country, fearing they are a cover for efforts to overthrow communist rule. Over the past two years, Beijing has watched with growing anxiety the overthrow of authoritarian regimes led by Soviet-era strongmen in Georgia, Ukraine and […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends