Dan Washburn worked as a sports writer and columnist at a small newspaper in Georgia prior to his...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 12, 2009
The Washington Wizards basketball team is visiting China to commemorate a trip to the country thirty years ago by the same team (then called the Washington Bullets), which marked the first visit to China by a professional U.S....
by Sophie Beach | Dec 1, 2007
The New York Times reports on efforts to sell the sport of hockey in China: China is widely regarded by North American professional sports leagues as a colossal untapped market of fans. Earlier this month, an estimated 100 million to 200 million fans in China watched an N.B.A. game that included two Chinese stars, with […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal