Dan Washburn worked as a sports writer and columnist at a small newspaper in Georgia prior to his...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 12, 2009
The Washington Wizards basketball team is visiting China to commemorate a trip to the country thirty years ago by the same team (then called the Washington Bullets), which marked the first visit to China by a professional U.S....
by Sophie Beach | Dec 1, 2007
The New York Times reports on efforts to sell the sport of hockey in China: China is widely regarded by North American professional sports leagues as a colossal untapped market of fans. Earlier this month, an estimated 100 million to 200 million fans in China watched an N.B.A. game that included two Chinese stars, with […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms