The final countdown to the 2016 G20 summit has begun after months of painstaking preparation by...
by Anne Henochowicz | Mar 6, 2013
During an interview with foreign media on Monday, National People’s Congress (NPC) spokeswoman Fu Ying told reporters that elections would be held for the president, prime minister, and other national leaders. From Xinhua [zh]:...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 22, 2011
Germany’s Der Spiegel interviewed Fu Ying, China’s vice minister of foreign affairs: SPIEGEL: How far will China go in terms of defending its interests? In the dispute over the sovereignty of the South China Sea, the...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 28, 2009
Fu Ying, the Chinese ambassador to the United Kingdom, wrote an op-ed in the Telegraph which comments on foreign perceptions of China’s rise: …There is a yawning gap between this perception of China as an active,...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms