The Pew Research Center has released new survey results showing that Americans’ perception...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 30, 2009
From Gallup.com: Ten countries are viewed unfavorably by at least half of Americans. Of these, Iran, North Korea, the Palestinian Authority, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Cuba are viewed more negatively than positively by a...
by Xiao Qiang | May 7, 2005
This OP-ED was published by Asian Wall Street Journal on 27 April 05: It’s no coincidence that the largest of China’s recent anti-Japanese protests occurred in cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 26, 2005
The following text is from my oral presentation before the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission. This Hearing on China’s State Control Mechanisms and Methods was held in Washington D.C. on April 14, 2005. It...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms