Ever since the novel coronavirus emerged in China in late December, Chinese authorities have taken steps to control information about what is now a global pandemic responsible for 208,000 deaths worldwide. They have issued...
by Anne Henochowicz | Mar 30, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”