In a pair of posts at Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet and Society, Beth Van...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 3, 2014
A U.S. federal court has dismissed a case against computer networking giant Cisco involving...
by Sophie Beach | May 17, 2005
In the Korea Herald, Ma Jian writes: Since April 15 of this year, the Golden Shield’s advanced science and technology has been monitoring every thought and action of those Chinese people who use the Internet. But what Orwell failed to predict is that China’s government has accomplished this with the help of Western democracies. Today, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods