In a pair of posts at Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet and Society, Beth Van...
Mar 3, 2014
A U.S. federal court has dismissed a case against computer networking giant Cisco involving...
Apr 4, 2013
This week’s edition of The Economist features an epic special report by Gady Epstein on social, political, commercial, technical and international aspects of China’s Internet. From his introduction: THIRTEEN YEARS...
May 17, 2008
In Rolling Stone, anti-globalization activist Naomi Klein has a lengthy article in which she looks at the new high-tech modes of surveillance being used by the Chinese government and the role played by American corporations:...
May 17, 2005
In the Korea Herald, Ma Jian writes: Since April 15 of this year, the Golden Shield’s advanced science and technology has been monitoring every thought and action of those Chinese people who use the Internet. But what Orwell failed to predict is that China’s government has accomplished this with the help of Western democracies. Today, […]
CDT in the News
- NYT — Troops, Noodles and Familial Love: China Lays Out Its Ideal Taiwan
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)