Owen Fletcher at the Asia Times Online reports that growing public alarm over ‘cyber manhunts’ in China, covered previously on CDT, has led to pressure on the Chinese government to protect individual privacy: The...
by Kate Zhao | Apr 28, 2008
Two young women had very different experiences of the Olympic torch relay around the world. Even Jin Jing was criticized as a traitor after she publicly denied to boycott Carrefour. From the Los Angeles Times: As the Olympic...
by Linjun Fan | Apr 20, 2008
Grace Wang, a Chinese student at Duke University, was caught in the middle when she tried to mediate a confrontation between pro-Tibetan and pro-China protesters on campus recently. She and her family were later harrassed by...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions