Owen Fletcher at the Asia Times Online reports that growing public alarm over ‘cyber manhunts’ in China, covered previously on CDT, has led to pressure on the Chinese government to protect individual privacy: The...
by Kate Zhao | Apr 28, 2008
Two young women had very different experiences of the Olympic torch relay around the world. Even Jin Jing was criticized as a traitor after she publicly denied to boycott Carrefour. From the Los Angeles Times: As the Olympic...
by Linjun Fan | Apr 20, 2008
Grace Wang, a Chinese student at Duke University, was caught in the middle when she tried to mediate a confrontation between pro-Tibetan and pro-China protesters on campus recently. She and her family were later harrassed by...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism