As of August 8, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 5, 2012
Members of the international hacktivist collective Anonymous have targeted Chinese websites to make a statement about Internet freedom. Last Friday, March 30, the newly minted @AnonymousChina let the Twittersphere know of its...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”