With deep-seated ethnic tensions on prominent display in China’s far west, Andrew Jacobs...
Dec 27, 2013
Parents who have lost an only child prematurely, known as “shidu,” say they are...
Feb 10, 2012
Adam Minter writes for Bloomberg about the two-pronged criteria established by Beijing’s All-China Women’s Federation for a model family award now known as the “Capital Harmonious Family” award. While the...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends