In a rare instance of a legal challenge to restrictions on LGBTQ+ rights, two Tsinghua University students filed a lawsuit last week against the Chinese Ministry of Education for refusing to consider their appeal against...
Jan 14, 2014
For his latest CDT cartoon, Badiucao refers to the recent dispute between the Japanese and Chinese...
Jan 14, 2014
After comparing each other’s countries to Harry Potter nemesis Voldemort, the Chinese and...
Jan 9, 2014
The Chinese and Japanese ambassadors to the U.K. have appeared on the BBC’s Newsnight after...
Jan 2, 2014
The Japan Times reports that Chinese national Xu Shuaijun was rescued by the Japanese Coast Guard...
Aug 16, 2007
From BBC News: Students translated the final Harry Potter book hours after its publication and months ahead of the official Chinese version, state media reports. The first Chinese version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows appeared on the internet on 21 July, the day of the English version’s global release. China Daily quoted blogs […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos