A record number of Chinese tourists have traveled outside of the mainland this year, and Hong Kong...
hong kong tourism
by Sophie Beach | Sep 29, 2009
The extended holiday in China is giving citizens a chance to visit Hong Kong and stock up on books they can’t buy back home, such as the newly published China History Revisited. The New York Times reports: Twelve years...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 6, 2005
From the International Herald Tribune: There was a time when the comparatively wealthy residents of Hong Kong were skeptical about the economic and social rewards of the mainland tourist invasion. Mainlanders were seen as lower spending and more demanding than either European or North American visitors. But one new study of the economics of Chinese […]
by Sophie Beach | Sep 9, 2005
From Independent Online: Hong Kong has long been considered a shopping and gastronomic hotspot, drawing travellers from all over the world to its East-meets-West culture. But with a change in world travel markets and tastes, this southern Chinese territory is revamping its tourism strategy, tapping unexplored cultural and recreational potential. Billions of dollars have been […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’